GPON OLT MileGate is a modular gigabit-capable passive optical network (GPON) optical line termination (OLT) platform that provides flexible and high-capacity passive optical network (PON) access, ten gigabit Ethernet (GbE) uplinks, scalability, and line rate performance with a high-performance, non-blocking switch fabric.
Due to the highly flexible hardware configurations with multiple GPON units, users can fully customise it to local network requirements.
MileGate GPON OLT platform highlights:
- Flexible fibre to the home (FTTH), OLT for PON, or procure to pay (P2P) operation
- Optimised for highest data rates and availability for providing services such as high-speed internet, voice over internet protocol (VoIP) and internet protocol television (IPTV)
- Connects residential and business subscribers cost-efficiently at highest port density
- Uplink with up to 100Gbps
- Supports next generation (NG) PON2 and XGS-PON
- Supports P2P interfaces with up to 10Gbps per subscriber
- High-capacity switching functionality with layer-three non-blocking switch fabric
- High reliability through fully redundant system architecture
- Multiprotocol label switching (IP-MPLS) support providing connectivity in the network
- Supports a wide range of different small form factor pluggable transceiver (SFP) / SFP+ modules for flexibility in customised connections
- Ease-of-operation, administration, and maintenance through network management system UNEM