MileGate combines carrier-grade broadband access, telephony, and data interfaces in one single, compact IP/Ethernet-based multi-service access platform.
As a result, network operators can continue to support traditional telephony and broadband services, migrate to the next generation network (NGN), and provide high-value Triple Play and broadband business services.
MileGate is available with a hybrid backplane that enables the simultaneous deployment of time-division multiplexing (TDM) and internet protocol (IP) / Ethernet-based services, as well as ensures a smooth migration of voice and data services.
The innovative access platform MileGate has been developed for a wide range of electrical and optical subscriber interfaces. With this flexibility, MileGate supports installations in central offices with thousands of subscribers, as well as in all fibre to the x (FTTx) network architectures.
MileGate platform highlights:
- Suitable for exchanges and fibre to the cabinet (FTTC), fibre to the building (FTTB), and fibre to the home (FTTH) network topologies
- Flexible for both active and passive FTTH / FTTB network topologies
- Optical Ethernet line card with highest port density and embedded in cable television (CATV) overlay (analogue and digital)
- Gigabit-capable passive optical network (GPON) line card for passive optical networks
- Migrates voice and data from TDM to IP
- Media gateways for plain old telephone service (POTS) and integrated services digital network (ISDN) via session initiation protocol (SIP) and H.248/MEGACO
- V5.2 interfaces for connection to traditional exchanges (a software update upgrades to a media gateway)
- Large variety of interfaces
- Digital subscriber line (DSL), including asymmetric digital subscriber line (ADSL2plus), very-high-bit-rate digital subscriber line 2 (VDLS2) with vectoring, and symmetrical high-speed digital subscriber line (SHDSL) Ethernet in the first mile (EFM) / asynchronous transfer mode (ATM) / TDM
- Ethernet - 1000BaseT, 100BaseFX, gigabit Ethernet (GbE)
- Data - G.703, X.21, V.35
- Telephony - POTS, ISDN
- Circuit emulation services over packet (CESoP) unit for traditional services in packet-based NGNs
- Two-stage multicasting functions for excellent internet protocol television (IPTV) implementation
- Comprehensive functions for quality of service (QoS) and protection
- Business services via transparent LAN services (TLS) and private line services (PLS)
- Maximum availability in carrier grade quality (99.999 %)
- Enhanced range of temperatures, from -25°C to 60°C (with fan)
- Linux-based network management system
- Excellent scalability (from a few to several thousand subscribers)
- Very high subscriber density (more than 5,100 DSL subscribers or up to 1,920 optical subscriber connections per 19in rack)
- Open interfaces to network management integration, including command-line interface (CLI), XML, and simple network management protocol (SNMP)